If you are interested in building out the future of investing, check us out on the iOS App Store or schedule a demo here!
We are currently hiring for a Senior Python Developer to join our mighty team and develop and enhance our cutting-edge robo-advisory platform.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other developers to build a best-in-class experience for our customers.
- Write effective, scalable code.
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance.
- Integrate user-facing elements into the application.
- Rapidly fix bugs as they arise and solve problems for our customers.
- Implement security and data protection solutions.
- Implement DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Assess and prioritize feature requests with data-informed product development (analytics, A/B testing, etc)
-8+ years Knowledge of Python and the Pythonic way of solving problems
- Write robust, secure code in a microservices environment
- Experience in writing secure, scalable and performant code for a cloud environment
- Technology is your strength but you'll bring more than just your technical expertise to the table - you're obsessed with our users and helping them achieve better financial outcomes - and you care deeply about every step of their investing journey
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and database design principles
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Developed data-driven analytics using Numpy or Pandas
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Seven years of progressively responsible software engineering
- Worked on data-driven projects, investment or financial applications a plus
- Understanding of machine learning and scikit-learn
- Open source projects / contributions we could look at
Python, Pandas, Microservices, Postgres, Redis, Docket, AWS
Sidepocket is an SEC registered investment advisor. Our marketplace consists of our own quantitative investment portfolios called "Sidepockets". A Sidepocket is an allocation of funds managed according to a designated tactical investment strategy.
5 Reasons Why You Want to Work with Us:
1. You want to work on a product with the potential to grow into a household name and help bring stress-free investment to the people.
2. You want to work with a team that is passionate, confident, competent and focused on achieving big goals.
3. You are hungry to achieve the next level of your career development. At Sidepocket, we are rapidly expanding, meaning there will be plenty of opportunities to showcase your passions and talent and grow with us.
4. You want to work with a team that genuinely believes in the product. All of our current employees also personally use Sidepocket and trust it will give them peace of mind when it comes to stress-free investing.
5. You want to have a voice. Joining Sidepocket means you will have a say into how we develop the best investment app on the market. This is an unprecedented opportunity as we enter a new age of investing, and your input will have a great impact for current and future investors.
How do you fit in?
We are looking for passionate individuals interested in transforming the investing landscape for current and future investors. If you are motivated, creative, mission driven, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves during crunch time , we want you. As with any startup, there will be a lot of moving parts so you should feel comfortable wearing different hats if need be, all within your skillset.
We are a remote team, with employees working from the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Texas, Ukraine and Spain.
Sidepocket provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.